Wednesday 23 January 2013

My Happy Place




Recently I have found myself struggling to fall asleep. I haven't been able to just close my eyes and drift away to another world. So many people have told me that you need to create a place that you can go to to make you happy and take all the stressful thoughts away. This place is your happy place. I have never found the perfect happy place, there has never been anywhere that I could think of that would take me away from my everyday anxieties. 

However it was just this morning that I was taking part in a course with one of my mother's close friends and we were talking about our happy place. Suddenly I started creating a place in my mind that was everything I could dream of, it was my heaven. It started off with me lying on my back in the middle of a pure, clear blue lake. I then decided that I was lying on a bright pink lilo. Then all of a sudden the lake was surrounded by tall and strikingly beautiful pine trees. I felt the warmth of the sun shining down on my whole body, warming me from the inside out. In that moment, I knew that that was my heaven, my happy place. 

Create your own happy place, your own magical world that you are completely and utterly happy. It will help you sleep, help you control your fears and anxieties and most of all take you away from the things making you upset. 

Lots of Love
Charlotte
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment