Wednesday 26 December 2012

How to Wake up and go to Sleep Happy

Every day is a challenge in life. Every day there is something that needs to be overcome. Every day there are problems. But every day there is a way to push through. There is a way to be a happier you. I know that personally I have struggled over the past year with my ability to think positively and look on the bright side of life. However recently I have been trying really hard to be optimistic in all aspects of my life, I have been trying to look at the glass half full instead of half empty. 





So I have put together a list of things that you can do to make yourself happier, more cheerful and more positive. 

...

1. Write yourself a list, a list of things that make you happy. It might be reading a good book, lying in the sun, or going on a picnic. Be selfish for once, think about what you want. 

2. Do one of those things on your list at least once a day! Maybe if it is a sunny day, you might look at your list and choose going on a roadtrip to a beach somewhere out of town or if it is a rainy day you might choose to watch your favourite movie of all time. This way you are doing something that you know will make you happy at least once. 

3. Write a list of affirmations. It could be a list of 2 ... 5 ... 10 ... or even 50! It doesn't matter, again it is your choice.  This is your life and you need to be willing to change it for the better. 

4. Every morning when you wake up, choose one of your affirmations and say it to yourself, say it even if you don't believe it at first. Then throughout the day keep saying it to yourself. Once you are in bed, say it again and you just might believe it. Do this everyday with a different affirmation. I promise it will help you.

5. Whenever a negative thought pops into your head, tell it to go away. You may think this is weird but the more you do this, the more it works. Distract yourself from this negative thought. Think about your goals and what you are trying to achieve; happiness.

...

So I really hope you try my 5 steps to happiness and change your life for the better. Let me know if you have tried out my 5 steps or just tell me what you think of them @ theflower-shop.tumblr.com/ask.

Lots of Love
Charlotte
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment